Curriculum Aims at Thorndown Primary School
- The young people at Thorndown Primary should embrace opportunities to celebrate difference, show compassion, work together, understand compromise and actively contribute to our community and the diverse world around them.
- Our pupils will develop confidence and self-belief through being connected and actively involved with their own learning.
- Our curriculum empowers all pupils to achieve by encouraging active involvement, promoting independence, resilience and risk taking.
- We aim to develop lifelong learners with a thirst for new knowledge, who are able to be informed decision makers as they lead full and satisfying lives.
- Pupils at Thorndown should be positive in their own identity.
- All members of Thorndown Primary School will have pride in the quality of their achievements and strive for personnel excellence.
- Our Curriculum gives opportunities for British values to be promoted so pupils are prepared for life in modern Britain.
Curriculum Statements can be found below
|KS1 National Curriculum||KS2 National Curriculum|
Introduction to spelling letter
Please click HERE for the Maths Page
|Design Technology (DT)||Geography|
|History||Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)|
|Music||Physical Education (PE)|
|Personal, Social and
Health Education (PSHE)
|Religious Education (RE)|
Science in KS1
Science in Lower KS2
Science in Upper KS2
|Sex and Relationship
|Spellings at Thorndown Primary|
|Curriculum Policy||Assessment at Thorndown|
| Assessment Tracking System
– A guide for Parents
|Enrichment at Thorndown|
The school will follow the Local Authority’s prescribed Agreed Syllabus for R.E. and the scheme of work for PSHE.
Thorndown Assessment Protocol
Click HERE to read the Thorndown Assessment Protocol
Children in the Foundation Stage will continue to follow the EYFS curriculum
For more information about the new curriculum please click on the following link: