Our Curriculum Aims
- The young people at Thorndown Primary should embrace opportunities to celebrate difference, show compassion, work together, understand compromise and actively contribute to our community and the diverse world around them.
- Our pupils will develop confidence and self-belief through being connected and actively involved with their own learning.
- Our curriculum empowers all pupils to achieve by encouraging active involvement, promoting independence, resilience and risk taking.
- We aim to develop lifelong learners with a thirst for new knowledge, who are able to be informed decision makers as they lead full and satisfying lives.
- Pupils at Thorndown should be positive in their own identity.
- All members of Thorndown Primary School will have pride in the quality of their achievements and strive for personnel excellence.
- Our Curriculum gives opportunities for British values to be promoted so pupils are prepared for life in modern Britain.
Each Curriculum Subject has it’s own page on main menu which you can access by selecting the relevant page from the menu on the right hand side of your screen.
Other information that you may find useful
Children in the Foundation Stage will continue to follow the EYFS curriculum
To view our school curriculum map please click HERE
Please click HERE to see an overview of our Developing Humanities curriculum